Thursday, October 29, 2009

Midterm

So far Life Drawing has been a great experience. I honestly did not think that I would like it, but it has been an exciting learning experience. My drawings have come a long way since day one. Although we are only half way through the semester, I feel like my drawings are starting to improve and look good! The biggest help has been the spine. Once I learned about the spine I was able to draw the body with more knowledge. Everything basically connects to the spine, so when you draw it correctly everything else flows out from there. I also learned an entire new vocabulary in regards to the human body.
My strengths are drawing the details and getting the proportions right. Like I said before, drawing the spine really helps with that. My main weakness is the rib cage and pelvis. I usually draw the rib cage too big or the wrong shape. I don't really have a good mental image of the pelvis so I don't draw it correctly. I need to work on both of these structures. I'm struggling with the manequin quite a bit, mainly because I'm very impatient and building muscles takes a lot of patience if you want to do it right.

I'd like to learn more about everything really. I feel like I'm on track to become a successful life drawer, so I look forward to the rest of the semester.

Photo Stream on Flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/44129617@N02/sets/72157622689048666/

No comments:

Post a Comment